Posted on :
24 Sep, 2012
24 Sep, 2012
Glasshouse is a dynamic multimedia agency providing a full range of digital design and allied services. The company focuses on building strong lasting relationships with its clients, and in pushing its creative and technical boundaries.
If you meet the below requirements, please e-mail a short cover letter and CV to [email protected] in order to apply. If you do not receive a response within two working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
• four+ years’ solid experience in web programming using PHP and MySQL;
• experience with modular coding;
• a strong understanding of OO and PHP5;
• experience with database design/architecture;
• capable of contributing to team, but self sufficient and pro-active enough to manage own projects;
• capable of designing projects from brief and can take them to completion;
• worked with MySQL 5 databases;
• strong HTML skills;
• understands XSS and SQL injection attacks.
• familiar with subversion and a bug tracking system;
• worked with moo tools or the likes;
• experience working on Linux WAMP and LAMP stacks and understand the possible pitfalls and nuances of each;
• able to set up own Lamp environment;
• understand the benefits of MyISAM vs InnoDB and acid compliance;
• has previously worked with Simple Test, Unit Test or J Meter for code unit testing;
• understand web application best practices and browser compatibility.
• candidate must be able to interact and work with a dynamic and ambitious team;
• good communicator and team player;
• positive attitude;
• candidate has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications;
• strong problem-solving skills;
• can work with little supervision, pro-active and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed;
• ability to work in a high pressure environment and meet agreed deadlines;
• must have a good understanding or user interfaces.