Mustek Limited is one of the largest assembler and distributors of personal computers and complementary ICT products in South Africa.
The Mustek Limited Group was established in 1987 and also includes Rectron. Mustek Limited combines the best of local assembly capabilities through its Mecer brand, with a multi-national product portfolio via a broad range of top tier brands, including: Acer, ASUS, Samsung, Lenovo, Brother, Microsoft Volume Licensing, Brand-Rex, Huawei, miniflex, Mustek Security Technologies and Mustek Energy, to name a few.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Reference #: Logistics Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
The logistics assistant is primarily responsible for general logistics functions within the logistics department.
Job Functions: Administration, Driver, Logistics
Industries: ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Assist in Stores dept. when requested to do so
- Assist the Drivers with Deliveries
- Assist with delivering urgent stock to customers
- Assist at the collections front counter
- Assisting with couriers when there is backlog
- Assist with loading the vans with orders
- Assist with notifying sale that their orders is here if needed
- Ensure that all stock and orders are properly stored on pallets at all times
- Ensuring all stock in the warehouse are on pallets and not on the floor
- Keeping a record of all stock that is invoiced and putting relevant notes on the system.
- Assist with the Demo packing of demo orders, with relevant demo paperwork
- Assist with taking the stock from the truck to the relative departments and people
- Assist customers with loading of the stock, when collecting
- Assist with taking the daily invoices upstairs at the end of the day
- Assist with releasing and checking of monitors – 32” upwards for damage and out of box failure
- Assist in Stores dept. with packing stock away
- Assist with picking of stock in stores
- Assist with stock taking on a daily and weekly basis
- Assist with shelving of stock in the relevant logistics sections
- Maintaining the neatness in the logistics department
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years logistics experience
- Valid Driver license
- Warehousing, logistics and/or supply chain Diploma/certificate
- Store-keeping & Stock control certificateKnowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of general administrative processes and logistics
- Good knowledge of facility layout
- Good communication
- Good people skills
- Must have enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Customer focused
- Task focused and able to follow instructions accurately
- Team player
- Disciplined & positive attitude
- Professional image
- Must not be an abuser of sick leave.
- Must have respect for seniority and authority.
- Reliable and punctual time keeping is of utmost importance
Job Closing Date: 08/01/2019