Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Health Referral & Linkages Officer up to September 2020 to support its USAID Funded Government Capacity Building Program (GCBS).
Job Title: Health Referral & Linkages Officer
Job Location: Pretoria
The Health Referral & Linkages Officer (HRLO) will play a pivotal role in ensuring functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers. Proficiency in dealing with M&E is preferred, as is expertise in referral systems.
- Provide case management and tracking for all children identified as HIV+ in selected provinces
- Ensure functional bi-directional referral systems between facilities and GCBS service points in selected provinces/districts.
- Monitor success of the referral systems, and provide support to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed;
- Provide monthly feedback on caseload of HIV+ children to DSD staff, NPO staff, project staff and health facility staff for programmatic decision making.
- Coordinate with HIV Testing and Counseling providers and conduct community outreach;
- Attend quarterly district level quality improvement meetings with relevant bidirectional referrals stakeholders as required;
- Coordinate with the GCBS Program and M&E teams to ensure all bi-directional referrals data are accurate and produced weekly; use data for decision-making and ensure partners are using data to conduct needed follow-up for systematic follow up of cases of incomplete referrals;
- Report on referral systems and key PEPFAR performance indicators on a monthly basis;
- Conduct home visits to clients and case follow up as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree or higher, preferably in one of the Social Sciences;
- Designated Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW) or Child and Youth Care Worker (CYCW);
- At least three years’ experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming; experience in developing and managing referral systems preferred;
- Experience with PEPFAR funded projects in South Africa;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including report writing;
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision;
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Health Referral & Linkages Officer” to [email protected]
Closing Date: 07 September 2018.
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.