Save the Children is a child-focused child rights organisation. We work in the areas of Child Rights Governance, Child Protection, Education and Health & Nutrition in the provinces of Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Gauteng, Free State and KwaZulu Natal.
We are looking to build a database of experienced professionals that we can call on to provide part time support over the short term( (6 months or less) across our programmes.
Job Title: Part-Time Project Experts
Job Location: Pretoria
We are looking for people in the following categories:
Project Manager expertise:
- Implementation planning;
- Supervision and management of project teams;
- Project performance monitoring;
- Project reviews, interpretation and use of project data;
- Development, monitoring and review of project budgets,
- Donor compliance management;
- Implementation and monitoring of project quality standards;
- Project quality management;
- Donor reporting;
- Managing internal reporting systems;
- Development, management and dissemination of project documentation;
- Stakeholder relationship management, business development.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) expertise:
- MEAL system design and planning;
- Data collection tool development and implementation;
- Development of logframes / result frameworks / theories of change;
- Evaluation design, implementation and reporting;
- Data quality management;
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Data visualisation and use;
- Project reviews;
- Project quality standard assessments;
- Project knowledge management; reporting.
Thematic Advisor expertise in either Child Protection, Education, Health & Nutrition or Child Rights Governance:
- Specific areas of expertise required in these themes are: in depth knowledge and understanding of the child rights situation in SA in the thematic area;
- Strategy development and monitoring of implementation;
- Project and programme design;
- Budget development and monitoring;
- Development and monitoring of quality standards;
- Donor reporting;
- Development and review of technical guidance and tools;
- Donor proposal writing; business development;
- Partnership development and management.
- Under-graduate and or higher degree preferably on social sciences, Community Development, Project Management, Research, Demography, Psychology;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the relevant field
- Experience working within a National or International NGO
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds
If you have a background in any of these skills, please apply by sending your CV to the following address: [email protected]. Clearly mark your application with the following title: Application: Short-term expertise database.
Applications Deadline: Sunday, 30 June, 2019