Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries.
SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Job Title: Travel Coordinator
Department: Department of Finance and Adminstration
Employment status: Project Based
- Coordinate all local travel arrangement (inclusive of flights, accommodation, transport, and transfers) for individuals and groups across SFH:
- Receive signed trip request
- Liaise with service providers to make travel arrangements
- Liaise with requester for approval of travel arrangements
- Prepare travel documentation for authorisation and enter onto Lawson.
- Secure procurement quotes for travel
- Coordinate international travel arrangements for SFH and partner agencies.
- Compile itineraries for travellers to communicate travel schedule
- Distribute relevant travel confirmation/vouchers to travellers and service providers.
- Coordinate VISA application process and provide customers with all relevant information.
- Ensure that travel suppliers are paid on time.
- Ensure implementation of travel policies and procedures
- Interface with customers and identify travel requirements (especially large travel arrangements)
- Monitor and track all stages of the travel process from the preparation of travel bookings to the actual travel
- Coordinate Events
- Coordinate catering requirements with service providers for training, workshops, conferences, parties, etc.
- Organise travel arrangements for all conferences, training and workshops inclusive of:
Assist Contracts Department to appoint Travel related service providers
- Initiate all travel procurement activities in the organization
- Ensure all acquisitions of goods and services are professional, transparent (fair and equitable) and deliver value for money
- Identify potential suppliers through market research, to satisfy SFH requirements for goods and services
- Prepare/place request for quotations
- Evaluate quotation for flights, cars, buses, accommodation, airport transfers and Compile travel competitive reviews/ reports
- Develop and maintain a dynamic database for registered preferred suppliers of accommodation, venues and transport.
- Negotiate the best possible rates for SFH with the preferred suppliers, taking SFH’s NPO status into account for special rates.
- Develop and maintain a quality control system in conjunction with users for evaluating the quality of services rendered.
- Perform a market analysis annually to ensure that SFH’s lodging rates are in line with the market.
- Ensure that the organisation follows travel and procurement policies and procedures in terms of purchases of travel related services.
- Continuously update and issue standardized travel documents/ forms for the company.
- Maintain valid travel supplier contracts
- Participate in audits
- Degree/B-Tech/Diploma/ or relevant Certificate in Travel or Supply Management
- Logistics or equivalent
- Administration certificate would be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel when required
- At least 1 years working experience within travel relates service
- Knowledge of USG regulations and guidelines
Please send your full application to [email protected] . All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 25 August, 2019