Posted on :
30 Jun, 2014
Applications are awaited for the following vacancies in the South African Police Service at National level. The posts will be advertised externally in the Sunday Times, Rapport and City Press on 22 June 2014.
CHIEF ARCHITECT (Deputy Director) (Colonel) MMS Band (3 Posts)
Centre Expert Services, Pretoria
Act South African Police Service Act 68 of 1995
Salary R608 691 per annum
Ref Number SCM4/2014
5 years proven appropriate managerial experience. M.Arch (Prof) or B.Arch or equivalent professional five (5) year architectural degree. Compulsory registration as an Architect with the South African Council for Architectural Profession. Must have skills in computer literacy, problem solving, project management and report writing.
*Create guidelines, norms and standards for the design of building projects in co-operation with Demand and Policy Management: Facilities *Assist with evaluation of technical detail of bid documents and suitable tenderers *Manage architectural projects *execute master planning, feasibility studies and architectural planning (including specifications) of all accommodation within the SAPS *Render advice in respect of the determination of accommodation needed, selection of sites, and architectural aspects of all minor and major works *Give technical and expert inputs with regard to the compilation of documentation (including details, finishes, schedules and other specifications) *Conduct research and development with regard to architectural services *Manage and utilize all resources allocated to the immediate post environment in accordance with relevant directives and legislations.
Competency in the post-specific core functions. Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English. Be in possession of a Senior Certificate or at least a completed SAQA accredited NQF 4 qualification. At least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s license. Must have no criminal record or pending criminal / departmental cases. Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
Note: Successful applicants to be appointed will further have to comply with the prescripts on the SAPS Dress Order, whereby tattoos may not be visible when wearing uniform. Successful applicants not yet appointed in terms of the South African Police Service Act,1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) will be subject to a medical examination and they will be expected to undergo training on a date as determined and prescribed by the National Commissioner.
ENQUIRIES: Lieutenant M Govender, Tel no (012) 841 7123, SPO Skosana, Tel no (012) 841 7179 or SPO Chetty, Tel no (012) 841 7876
APPLICATIONS POSTED: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For attention Lieutenant M Govender)
APPLICATIONS HAND DELIVERED: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (Main entrance to A-Block)
* Only the official application form for appointment on salary levels 1-12 will be accepted, which can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment office or at your nearest police station. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to and previous
criminal convictions must be declared; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form accompanied by all relevant certified copies of tertiary qualifications and statements of results, Grade 12 certificate, certified copy of ID documents and valid driver’s license.
No application will be accepted without these documents.
* Applicants are requested to initial every page of the application form, CV and annexures.
* The post reference number must be correctly specified on the application form. A
separate application form must be completed for each post.
* Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to fingerprinting screening.
* The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks. Applicants not yet appointed under the South African Police Service Act, 1995 may be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner
as determined by SAPS prescripts.
* The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and an applicant whose appointment will promote representivity may
* People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
* Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The closing date for applications is 4 July 2014 at 14:00.
* Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* No faxed copies will be allowed.
* The Division is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
Although the post is advertised, the National Commissioner may withdraw the post from the advertisement, re-advertise the post or fill the laterally where it is deemed to be in the interest of service delivery.