St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children based in Montana – Cape Town in the Western Cape has been in existence for over 85 years. Originally operated by the Catholic Pallottine Order this intermediate paediatric facility is run on Christian principles and ethics.
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Location: Montana – Cape Town
SJH is currently governed by a Board and the day to day functioning by a management team.
The overall purpose of the home is to provide medical and rehabilitation care for children with life limiting and life-threatening illness.
St Josephs is looking for an energetic and values driven leader with a passion for service to vulnerable children and families, to head up our Fundraising team and play a role in the senior management team.
To develop and drive the fund development and marketing strategy through the management of the fundraising team, which includes all aspects of fund development and fund raising, data capturing, in-kind donations, interns and volunteering, special events and PR and marketing campaigns.
Key performance areas:
- To maintain an integrated marketing and fund development strategy, to create general awareness, build different groupings of support and ultimately increase income.
- To portray at all times positive and professional image of SJH through proactive marketing and public relations activities
- To research latest trends in fund development as to inform the strategic business plan of SJH by means of a strategic fund development multi-year plan to ensure financial sustainability – operational, campaign, programmatic, project and capital.
- To develop and manage a fundraising budget and compile monthly financial reports.
- To ensure that all aspects of the fundraising portfolio’s records and information are always efficiently maintained and readily accessible.
- To develop, nurture and maintain all funder and donor relationships including corporate, business, faith based and service/community based organisations
- To develop and maintain face-to-face, stakeholder, media and service provider relationships
- To develop and maintain a funder data base as a research and a relationship management tool.
- To develop and manage the in-kind and Intern/volunteer programmes as potential income generators.
- To manage, develop and mentor the fund raising team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Relationship management
- An aptitude for marketing and public relations
- Self-reliance, and self motivation
- Conceptual thinking
- Team player
- Respecting the Christian Ethos
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of the following:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position within the NGO field
- Experience in the use of social media and digital marketing.
- Demonstrated experience of motivating a team
- Donor data base management
- Understanding and executing the full media package of print, website, electronic and face to face as a part of integrated fund development campaign
- A track record of successful proven project management
- A thorough understanding of the local and global funding environment and the cycle of giving
- Understanding the socio – health context in which SJH operates
- Strong appreciation of the role of IT in modern resource development
- Experience in marketing to large numbers
- Experience in consumer marketing and modern marketing methods eg Crowd funding
The incumbent will be paid a market related (NGO) package according to experience and qualifications.
Please email a motivational letter and a detailed CV and to the HR manager on [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 21 July, 2020