Posted on :
29 May, 2014
29 May, 2014
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – CLERK: VERIFICATIONS
(ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN THE MOSSEL BAY MUNICIPAL BOUNDARIES SHALL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SHORTLIST OF CANDIDATES)
• Grade 12
• Fluent in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• 12 months experience in an administrative or financial environment
Failure to provide original certified copies of qualifications will disqualify an application. Candidates are requested to furnish information required.
Key Performance Areas
• Do various compliance checks and verifications specifically for Tender processes.
• Supply information to legal services when required.
• Report on Performance of Suppliers or Contractors as a result of verification process and compliance checking.
• Assist Admin Officer: Tenders with all administrative tasks with regards to the tender process.
• Attend site meetings and/or information sessions where necessary.
• Attend Bid Specification and/or Bid Evaluation Committee meetings where necessary.
• Responsible for minute taking and doing reports as required by Admin Officer: Tenders.
• Responsible for reporting in terms of legislation as determined by Admin Officer: Tenders.
• Assist with enquiries relating to tenders and awards.
• Responsible for filing and record keeping of tender and related documents.
• Assist with the opening of the tender box and bids.
• General office administration
• Assist Admin Officer: Quotations in the evaluation, verification and compliance checking of Formal Written Quotations as and when required and approved by Head: SCM
SALARY SCALE: R89 232.84 – R115 828.08 pa (T6)
CLOSING DATE: 6 June 2014
(No applications received after 13h00 will be accepted)
– Short listed and invited candidates will be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and practical test.
– Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Head Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant. Application forms are available on the Municipal web-site (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact person mentioned hereunder.
– Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV. No E-mailed or Faxed applications will be accepted.
– For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
– Further details are obtainable from Ms C Wagenaar and Ms L de Vos at telephone number (044) 606-5000.
– If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
– The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.
DR M GRATZ