Posted on :
21 Jan, 2022
21 Jan, 2022
Accountable for own work within defined operating procedures, standards and work routines.
Job Title: Picker
Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Reference #: 1210960
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
The purpose is to ensure the accurate picking of customer orders.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
Enhanced Customer Service:
• Maintain good Customer relations by delivering on promise consistently.
• Feedback on queries, complaints, incorrect loading and picking conducted to prevent recurrence.
• Picking Times in Warehouse is met as per standard
Health, Safety and Environment
• Maximum Safe Pallet stacking heights complied with
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards as head of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards and critical member of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee in line with the OSH Act.
• Ensure the safe operation of forklifts.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and support a safe environment for The Beverage Company’s Employees, Contractors and Visitors.
Effective stock quality management
• Warehouse stock age standards maintained by ensuring stock rotation principles applied
• Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor and prior to picking
Effective inventory management
• Participation in handover process before and after every shift
• Accurate stock counts performed when requested
• Maintain clear and effective communication with Stock Clerk, Warehouse Controller and Warehouse Supervisor
• Perform physical inventory counts and investigate variances.
• Ensure efficient and accurate picking as per picking slip requirement.
• Engage with the Warehouse Supervisor to execute picking in line with the Load Plan.
• Ensure that orders are picked as per the pick rate standard.
• Equipment operated safely within Manufacturers specifications and compliant with the OHS Act.
• Conversant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 / Matric / NQF level 4 (Essential)
• Up to 6 months experience (Operational Execution) FMCG, Distribution Environment
Application Deadline: 25/01/2022