The Lunchbox Fund is a nonprofit organisation that focuses on fostering education via nutrition by providing a daily meal for orphaned and at-risk school children in township and rural areas of South Africa.
Job Title: Evaluation and Monitoring Fieldworker
Job Location: Worcester, Western Cape.
This is a renewable contract position with fieldwork visits to Early Childhood Development centres schools taking place in the morning.
- Evaluation potential Feeding Programme Sites (Schools, Learner After-School Programmes and Early Childhood Development Centres (ECDC))
- Monitor visits to oversee implementation and ongoing development of Nutrition programme
- Confidence in working on an Electronic Evaluation Tablet System (training will be given)
- Complete paperwork and documents associated with visits
- Develop relationships in area of responsibility among EDCD forums/with local NGOs to develop network and uncover schools needing assistance
- 30 plus current sites to be monitored four times per annum
- New sites to be evaluated for inclusion in programme
- Expense Reports to be completed via email returned to Head Office
- Work during to school terms
- Pay per site visited and supporting report returned
- Minimum two years’ experience in education / monitoring or public service programs
- Computer skills preparation of expense report, email, completion of on-line monitoring form
- Ability to take and upload simple photographic images
- Proficiency in English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa
- Confidence is working alone when onsite visits
- Must be prepared to take a Criminal Record Clearance Check
- Self-starter and ability to work from home
- Possession of or access to: Wi-Fi, computer, mobile phone and printer/scanner
- Ability to work during school hours and some afterschool.
- Available during School Terms
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to travel alone and to stay overnight when necessary.
- Ability to complete and return reports to Head Office
- Ability to take photographs and upload / share them with Head Office
- Capacity to work independently and to work well with a diverse team
- Must be diligent and experienced to undertake the initial site evaluation and ongoing monitoring of School Nutrition Programmes in the greater Langeberg area
Send a CV and a brief motivational letter to [email protected]