Posted on :
18 Jul, 2014
18 Jul, 2014
Core Title: Transport Relations Officer (2 positions available)
Component: Institutional Management (Provincial Public Transport Registration), Vangate Cape Town
Department: Department of Transport and Public Works
Reference number: TPW 32/2014
To assist with the Regulatory and compliance process of the Taxi Industry.
• An appropriate B-degree/ Diploma (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 6;
• A minimum of 1 year relevant Taxi Industry experience;
• A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
• Co-ordinate the registration of Taxi Association;
• Ensure and monitor compliance of registered taxi associations and members;
• Co-ordinate the Transport Relations functions;
• Taxi industry empowerment;
• Engage with stakeholders/ role-players in the Public Transport Industry.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Communication, media management, public relations, public participation and public transport;
o Records Management;
o Office administration;
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
• Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
• Good leadership skills;
• Research and investigating skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
For any technical challenges on how to apply, please contact the Technical Support Team at 0861 227/337.
SALARY: R 227 802 – R 268 338 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 8
CLOSING DATE: 25 July 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Mr S Mayeko at (021) 483 0213
Salary R 227 802 – R 268 338 per annum
Closing Date 2014-07-25