At Tshikululu, They need original, energetic thinkers and problem-solvers in order to achieve our ambitious goals and make a real impact. They need people of diverse backgrounds who thrive on complexity and are able to ‘connect the dots’ between seemingly disparate issues and initiatives.
They are not interested in ‘tick-box’ philanthropy. Tshikululu is dedicated to ensuring that every social investment we make is meaningful. Their aim, very simply, to be the best social investors in the world.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
The purpose of this position is to find a person that will provide monitoring and evaluation leadership, expertise and guidance across Tshikululu in order to continuously strengthen our ability to measure and report on social impact. To help ensure Tshikululu maintains its position at the forefront of M&E and social investment.
- M&E Strategy and System:
- Design and refine a Tshikululu-wide M&E framework to effectively measure and report on aggregated social impact across clients.
- Build and refine high-quality M&E database to allow for real-time, accurate tracking of social investment activities that reflects overall findings and impact.
- Identify and provide M&E insights and recommendations based on data received and tracked.
- Participate in new M&E product development, as well as new business proposal development
- Assist in updating M&E policy and procedure documents, as well as streamlining processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness across team.
- M&E Planning:
- Develop and refine M&E plans for all client social investment activities, ensuring we have the most appropriate strategy and methods in place to measure outputs, outcomes and social impact.
- Support Social Investment team to implement M&E plans effectively through on-going engagement, knowledge sharing, developing customised tools and providing ad-hoc assistance as necessary.
- Support the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data by Social Investment team to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Analyse and evaluate M&E findings and data to develop insights and recommendations for client social investments.
- Initiate and lead regular review of progress against objectives for client social investments.
- Carry out site visits with Social Investment team as necessary.
- Lead all evaluation and community assessment activities at Tshikululu, including internal and outsourced activities.
- M&E Capacity Building:
- Identify relevant, appropriate M&E training across the Fund Management team to ensure team members have requisite skills to deliver.
- Maintain and build M&E expertise by attending relevant training, on-going research and participating in discussions/debate.
- Assist in building grantee M&E capacity, when required, through workshops and other engagements.
- Identify and develop tools and systems that support M&E capacity building and implementation across all departments in Tshikululu.
- Service Provider Contract Management:
- Develop terms of reference and coordinate service provider selection process for M&E-related activities, as necessary.
- Manage any appointed service providers for M&E-related activities, ensuring delivery according to SLA.
- Develop M&E reporting templates and reports to effectively communicate findings and insights.
- Develop organisational M&E trend reports to guide future and current investment strategies.
- Key Interactons / RelationshipsM&E Specialists:
- Social Investment Analysts and Specialists
- Client Relationship Managers
- Service Providers
- Beneficiary Organisations
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Honours degree in statistics, social sciences or similar is required
- 5 years M&E experience is required
- A supporting qualification in M&E is preferred
- Experience in designing and building a M&E database is preferred
- Experience with social investment-specific M&E requirements and activities is preferred
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel costs or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: [email protected].
Application Deadline: 5th of March 2020