Posted on :
14 Aug, 2012
14 Aug, 2012
Title: Process Engineer
Location: Boksburg, Gauteng
Department: Supply Chain
Closing date: 17 August 2012
Main Purpose of the role:
To evaluate, propose and design processes, plant, operations and technology to deliver product and process innovation and increased volumes, while ensuring that capacity, quality, safety and environment standards are maintained.
1. Factory Support
* Identifies recurring production process problems and develops trouble shooting routines for the Production Department.
* Proposes operating instructions for plant operators (manuals & SOP’s) and trains the departmental trainers and operators in the use of modified plant processes.
* Conducts Process Optimization by identifying areas of improvement and recommend change in processes (e.g. waste minimization, energy utilization, etc.).
* Implements cost effectiveness programmes (e.g. TPM and alternative raw materials).
* Evaluates the impact of change as a result of projects and develops the appropriate process which is made up of series of mechanisms to be put in place, alteration of safety procedures and training of operators.
* Defines the basis of safety and designs out risk in relation to the Manufacturing and Distribution Safety Approval System (MDSAS) to ensure project approval.
* Evaluates the return on investment that a project will generate.
* Assesses and proposes options to increase return on investment from a project.
* Prepares Capital Expenditure proposal with financial justification to be approved by Site Leadership.
* Monitors the installation and commissioning of plant equipment and writes up Operating Manuals and conducts initial training of operators.
3. Plant Trials
* Proposes and receives approval for formulation changes.
* Conducts plant scale trials to determine the effect of the change on capacity, quality and efficiencies.
* Manages formulation changes and timings by co-ordinating planning, production and product development.
* Ensures that systems are updated to reflect the formulation changes (e.g. TMIS, PMIS, PAMCO & BOMS).
* B.Sc. in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or B. Tech Diploma in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* 1-2 years experience in Process Engineering.
* Knowledge of process control and basic mechanical instruments.
* Experience in HAZOPs and Safety Approval Systems.
* Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), SAP and SCADA).
* Project Management and Problem Solving skills.
* Presentation Skills
* Communication Skills
For any recruitment queries please call 0800980612.
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|