Posted on :
12 May, 2020
12 May, 2020
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business execution plan, we are seeking leaders that share our guiding principles – we value our people and our reputation; we are locally dedicated with international scale; we are future-focused and challenge the status quo; we foster collaboration in everything we do and we have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.
We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Job Title: RAP Specialist
Location: Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference: # WSP/ENV/BRY/04/2020
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Work with WSP’s ESIA project managers and Clients on projects across Africa involving social impact assessment and resettlement action planning (RPF/RAP/LRP).
• Development of case-specific social impact assessment and resettlement methodologies and budgets as part of bidding processes.
• Complete screening and scoping activities to determine requirements for an RPF/RAP/LRP in compliance with international standards.
• Lead and co-ordinate local (host country) / participate in social impact assessment and RAP field teams (enumerators, database managers, surveyors, evaluators, etc.).
• Preparation of social impact assessment, LRP, RPF, and RAP reports in accordance with the relevant country legislation and applicable international standards.
• Provide quality assurance and quality control in cases where social impact assessments and LRP/RPF/RAP documents are prepared by local partners.
• Resettlement monitoring and evaluation (not mandatory but the experience will be advantageous).
• Provide expert review on social and resettlement issues as part of lenders’ technical advisory / environmental and social due diligence projects.
• Identify new opportunities and expand WSP’s project base.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
• Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental, and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you.
• Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm.
• Embracing, displaying, and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Post Graduate Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences (Masters advantageous)
• 8-10 years of professional experience
• Resettlement experience on at least 5 projects in Africa (including management role)
KEY COMPETENCIES AND GENERIC SKILLS:
• Expert knowledge of the World Bank and IFC Standards on Involuntary Resettlement
• Ability to speak and write fluently in English
• Ability to travel in Africa
• Must have experience in social survey work, including field experience with involuntary resettlement operations
• The following is advantageous:
– Fluency in French and/or Portuguese
– Existing client relationships with the opportunity to migrate (subject to restraint clauses)
– Business development skill
Application Deadline: 14/05/2020