- Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
- Client focused, take responsibility and accountability
- Administrative knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Time management
- Work under pressure
- Work in a team
- At least 3 years administrative experience in a tertiary institution
- Completed or current studying towards M+3 qualification
- Be willing to work on Saturdays and after hours during peak periods
- Administration of the Tutoring system
- Administration of Peer collaborative learning
- Administration of Academic Literacy
- Administration of Work Integrated Learning
- Administration of ICT Support
- Administration of resources, logistics and general office administration
- Distributing study material to tutors
- Handling enquiries from students and prospective students regarding tutorials
- Photocopying of tutor notes and worksheets, timetables and pamphlets, etc
- Preparation of documents to be sent by courier or post
- Helping the HFL and other department staff with other activities, etc
Assumption of duty : As soon as possible.
Salary : R177, 891.00 per annum (all inclusive)
Closing date : 26 April 2012
Enquiries: (033) 355 1734 Penny Shezi
(031) 335 8135 Nozipho Ngonyama
- The completed prescribed application form must be accompanied BY COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE and ORIGINAL certified copies (within the previous six months) of;
- all educational qualifications,
- academic transcripts/records;
- identity document; and
- proof of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable)
- UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
- The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present line manager.
- The prescribed application form is obtainable from http://www.unisa.ac.za/vacancies-new/
- UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position.
- Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan.
Applications must be submitted in an envelope clearly marked with the name of the relevant College and/or Department, the position applied for and the reference number of the position. If you apply for more than one position, each application must be in a separate envelope.
Applications must be posted to posted to UNISA HR: Staffing, P O Box 47431,Greyville , 4023
Hand delivered applications can be deposited into the Application Box situated at the following location: Durban Learning Centre Office, 221 Dr Prixley kaSeme Street, Durban, Ground Floor. The prescribed application form is obtainable at the Security counter, Ground Floor, 221 Dr Prixley kaSeme Street, Durban or can be downloaded from www.unisa.ac.za on the Internet.
All applications should reach UNISA before 16h00 on the closing date.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.