Posted on :
8 Aug, 2010
8 Aug, 2010
The Country HR Leadership role is responsible for managing the end to end Human Resources operations and people strategy for Microsoft WECA (West, East and Central Africa and Indian Ocean Islands).
The responsibilities for this role include:
• Business Partner: strategic business partner to the General Manager and Leadership Team responsible for Microsoft WECA; create and drive the systemic organizational and people strategy and agenda for the subsidiary
• HR Leadership – leads the people strategy (and adjusts strategy to respond to changing business needs) for Microsoft WECA which includes: Staffing, People & Leadership Development – developing the next generation of leaders, Evolving the Culture, Compensation and Benefits, Tools and Processes, Employee Relations etc,
• Cross-Subsidiary Human Resources Leadership – the ideal candidate’s leadership would extend beyond the subsidiary – in developing and sharing/implementing HR Best Practice across the Middle East Africa Region and beyond.
• Provides effective relationships with the Business Groups/Segments and HR Centers of Excellence to ensure there is consistency to their objectives and the subsidiary people agenda.
This role is responsible for Microsoft WECA. Microsoft WECA is a multi-country subsidiary made up of the following countries: East and Southern Africa (with offices in Nairobi, Windhoek and Angola), Nigeria (with offices in Lagos and Abuja) Indian Ocean Islands (with offices in Mauritius and Reunion), West and Central Africa(with offices in Dakar and Abidjan) and finally a headquarters team with people based mainly in Johannesburg.
The role reports into the HR Director, Middle East Africa Region with a strong dotted line into the General Manager, WECA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Business Partner – Key member of the MS WECA Leadership Team. Closely aligns the HR strategy to the business strategy. Develops subsidiary strategy and aligns/implements WW HR strategy into the subsidiary. Works closely with subsidiary leadership and broader HR team i.e. Centers of Excellence to deliver best to meet business objectives.
Governance and compliance– Ensures all employees’ across the subsidiary have a consistent experience Ensures that corporate governance is adhered to across the business. Ensures all international/local legal requirements are adhered to.
Staffing, Talent & Performance Management – Ensures the best in breed hires for the company.
Talent retention/ Workforce Planning – Understands the talent needs of the business and identifies talent issues before they affect the organization.
Develops and executes a staffing and talent management strategy for the subsidiary.
Facilitates effective performance management process.
Partners with Comp & Ben org. to deliver market related comp and benefits programs.
Leadership & Management Development – Partners with People and Organizational Capabilty (POC) to develop current and future leaders. Identifies next generation of leaders and ensures a talent pipeline for the future needs of the business.
Change Agent – understands the business strategy, plays the role of coach and adviser to business partners to facilitate organization and cultural change. Adjusts HR Strategies to respond to changing market conditions. Educates business leaders on HR trends that affect the business. Acquire business sponsorship for HR initiatives. Strive to ensure that MS gulf is recognized as a Best Place to Work within the market.
Employee Advocate – Builds management capability to facilitate an open, inclusive, Microsoft Values based environment which enables effective employee advocacy.
Serves and is perceived as a safe, objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved employee relations issues.
Ensures labor legal requirements are respected.
Implements a focused Diversity Strategy which is a high priority on the subsidiary leadership agenda and facilitates & implements the diversity plan together with the leadership team.
Processes / Projects –
Supports and drives implementation of core HR programs into the business – insuring an effective, sustainable people agenda over the long term.
Identifying critical HR metrics.
Partners with HR team and peers to develop business relevant solutions by integrating HR initiatives.
Provide feedback to HR Staff groups for design and delivery improvement including improved self service models. Works with HR team to build manager capability around employee effectiveness. Partners with employee investigations group for escalation of designated issues.
Works with BG/Segment HR to implement international strategies and initiatives. Monitors and has in-depth knowledge of all HR processes and associated tools (e.g. staffing, training, salary review, C&B, promotion plans, contracts, HTX etc.).
External Partners management – Works closely with the facilities function to be creative around the environment. Manages HR external partners / advisors.
• 10 – 12 years direct applicable HR Generalist experience in international companies
• Business Acumen
• Workforce Planning
• Employee engagement strategy
• Succession Management
• HR Specialist knowledge i.e. Comp & Ben, Staffing
• General Labour Law
• 3 – 6 years people management experience
• BA/BS in human resources (or similar qualification), organizational development or psychology and strong business experience is preferred
• English(French would be an added benefit)
Job Segments: HR, Human Resources