Location: South Africa; Nairobi, Asia, (dependent on where ActionAid has an office); London
Structurally within ActionAid International Secretariat, Directorate of Programmes.
National Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply
Grade D (ActionAid internal grading system)
Salary Offer: £36,035 per annum
Works closely with the Campaign Project Teams, Campaign Managers, Advocacy Managers and Communication Leads in order to define proactive and effective strategies and tactics in support of our campaigning and advocacy goals.
Key responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with the campaigns project team and the campaign managers to develop communications strategies which help support building the campaigns signature of AAI and specifically supports the development of a campaigning ‘identity’ that embodies AAI’s values, mission and international strategy
- Ensure these strategies and messages contribute to the political and policy change objectives of campaign, and are innovative and effective
- Monitor output and outcomes of events, and create reports for management
- Devise, produce and/or project manage campaigning communication products and plans to outreach to potential new supporters and the wider public to contribute to campaign objectives
- Co-ordinate with campaigners to develop and deliver both global campaign events and stunts
- Work with Research and Policy Coordinator to ensure research projects have had engagement advice at inception to shape the direction of how the research will be communicated
- Support campaign and advocacy national staff across the federation in the development of campaign communication plans
- Undertake other relevant tasks and responsibilities that the Head of Campaigns & Advocacy and Global Engagement Manager deems necessary and appropriate to the position
- Relevant degree / Masters or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of approaches to communicating public campaigns, including messages, audiences and delivery methods, which aim to inspire and motivate people to take action
- Good verbal and written skills, including the ability to translate complicated ideas into clear messages, and the ability to sell ideas, influence and persuade at all levels and across cultures
- Proven skills in using the internet and digital methods in campaigning
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and to take projects forward without supervision
- Desirable: French, Spanish or Portuguese
- A commitment to AA’s mission, vision and values and to equal opportunities
- Eligible to work in the country indicated
- Preference will be given to women from Africa and Asia
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] by no later than 13th June 2014. Your application should consist of your up to date CV and motivation letter. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Click here to apply online
Please click on the link below and complete the form:
Equal Opportunities Employment Form
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid International will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.