The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist the vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalised, including survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and youth at risk.
Job Title: Senior Social Worker
Job Location: Western Cape
Start date: 1st November 2018 or soonest thereafter
Report to: The director
- Provide all levels of Social Work Services to vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers
- Oversee and effectively manage the social services programme and team at Adonis Musati Project
- Technical and administrative supervision of Programme implementation, including budget reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Regular report writing for donors
- Oversee administration, case work and service provision to special needs groups
- In coordination and consultation with the other programme managers, develop and implement community interventions, advocacy and trainings
- Coordinate and maintain networking relationships with various organisations in the Western Cape
- In conjunction with other relevant stakeholders including designated child protection organisations, initiate, refer, write reports and follow up on cases of refugee / asylum seeker children in need of protection and care, work in conjunction with other AMP social workers and counsellors to ensure the safety and protection of unaccompanied children and those most at risk.
- Current registration with SACSSP
- Minimum five years’ social work experience in South Africa
- Management and organisational skills -minimum of three years working in a management position
- Ability to write reports, project plans, business plans, and business correspondence
- Networking and communications skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, a second language would be advantageous
- Valid code B driver’s licence and vehicle
- Experience conducting training
- Familiarity with issues surrounding refugees and asylum seekers or other marginalised populations would be highly advantageous
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter clearly stating why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
Do not apply for the post if you do not have the relevant requirements above.
AMP reserves the right not to fill the role if no suitable candidates are found within a round of applications.
Application Deadline: 6th October, 2018