Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers comprehensive and proactive mental health services in the Western Cape. One of its programmes, the Rainbow PSR Groups, offers community-based psychosocial rehabilitation and support to adults with psychiatric /psychosocial disabilities in the form of 26 weekly support groups.
Job Title: PSR Group Facilitator
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: 15 hour per week group
- Weekly PSR Groups in the community
- Plan groups and activities in accordance with the four life areas of PSR
- Facilitate weekly group sessions in the community
- Ensure group membership of between 7 and 10 members as well as regular attendance
- Outreach to members who do not attend regularly
- Follow up with Mental Health Nurse and other referral sources to facilitate referrals
- Create an individual file for each member and ensure that the file is updated on an on-going basis
- Create a group file for each PSR group and ensure that weekly group reports are captured. Files are to be kept up to date at all times
- Ensure that the monthly statistics for each group is submitted to the RF Manager on the first working day of the month.
- Preferably qualified as an Auxiliary Social Worker, Occupational Therapy Assistant/ Technician or Community Rehabilitation Worker
- A valid code 8 manual driver’s licence
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans / Xhosa.
- Work experience in the mental health field and group facilitation
- Basic computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Submit a 2-page CV with 3 recent and contactable references to The Programme Manager: Rainbow PSR Groups [email protected] or hand deliver to 22 Ivy Street, Observatory.
Application Deadline: Monday, 12 August, 2019