Columba Leadership is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors.
Job Title: Faculty for the Leadership Academy Programme
Job Location: Johannesburg
The core purpose of the Leadership Academy Programme is to activate the inherent potential of young people in disadvantaged communities. The Leadership Academy aims to support young people to look beyond these circumstances and seize hold of their own capacity to make a positive difference in their own and in their schools and communities.
The purpose of the Faculty is to lead a process of learning for educators and learners, the role requires facilitation of concepts and principles as per the Columba Programme elicitation model using both verbal and non-verbal techniques that are appropriate for the development of participants. The bulk of the work takes place in the context of a six day Residential Academy.
- Communicate with Principals, Educators and Learners
- Stakeholder engagement with the Department of Education, Investors, Government Representatives
- Develop and deliver presentations and speeches at a senior level
- Facilitate Leadership Academy Programme
- Report Writing
- Data Capturing
- Prepare participants for Residential Academy
- Collect and prepare documentation for Residential Academy
- Plan, facilitate and transcribe exit interviews with learner participants
- Participate in Residential Academy planning two weeks before each Residential Academy
- Implement Monitoring and Evaluation plan with support from Monitoring and Evaluation Team
- Contribute to provincial reports for investors identifying and sharing positive stories and taking photographs of activities
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor of Psychology or a Social Sciences, Youth or Community Development degree
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in youth development
- Driver’s licence essential
- Willingness to travel extensively in South Africa
- Willingness to be away from home for two weeks per month
- Experience working for an NGO or NPO will be an added advantage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word
- Report writing skills essential
- Data capturing skills essential
- Proficiency in written and verbal English and IsiXhosa
- Interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
To apply, submit your CV applications to [email protected]
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, consider the position filled.
Application Deadline: 16th November 2018