Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Job Title: School Counsellor/ Social Worker
Job Location: Cape Town
Start date: 07 January 2019
The purpose of this position is to manage a High school office in the Cape Town area. The candidate will be responsible to drive the strategy and implement and manage the services which the organization delivers at this school. The candidate must be able to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and will be the public face of the organisation in the school and community.
Management of school office
- Administration of all services delivered at the school
- Scheduling of appointment
- Liaise with referrers
- Assist visitors at the office
- Coordinate school management meetings
- General office administration
- Conduct assessments
- Provide individual and/or group therapy
- Obtain collateral from relevant support systems
- Provide feedback
- Recording of the therapy process and recording of data
- Maintain relationships with learners, educators and parents
- involvement in extramural activities
- Maintain relationships with community partners and establishing new connections
Parents and educators
- Liaise with parent committees to organize parenting sessions
- Contributing to professional development sessions with educators
- Present life skills programme
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved
- Tertiary qualification: B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA)
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context.
- Ethical principles of practice
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development
- Administrative skills.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions.
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organization
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to [email protected] with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Cape Town ” in the subject line.
Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2018