The Field Band Foundation, a nonprofit organisation, was established in 1997 to bring the global marching band concept to disadvantaged areas of South Africa and to develop a uniquely indigenous variant of this performance type.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary: R5 500 to R7 000 per month
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of the position is to coordinate the organisation’s data collection. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for ensuring that data is submitted timeously, fully cleaned and uploaded onto the dashboard. S/he will also need to assure the accuracy and quality of the data and ensure that queries and correspondence is disseminated to relevant people and addressed.
- Coordinate data collection, analysis and visual reporting on performance indicators and processes
- Ensure that the organisation’s tools on membership, attendance registers, monthly reports
- Scorecard, asset registers, training registers and wellbeing surveys are regularly utilised and relevant hard copies are stored
- Follow-up with staff on reporting timelines and data queries
- Conduct periodic Data Quality Assessments (DQA), data verifications and site visits
- Create pivots and subsequent graphs/visuals of key data for tracking purposes
- Generate visual and/or summary reports on data collection progress and quality
- Provide regular data summaries on monitoring data
- Correspond with staff to ensure quality of the data collected
- Data maintained and regularly updated according to schedule
- Contribute positively to any other monitoring and evaluation tasks that may arise to ensure the ongoing growth and relevance of operations.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in administration and/or data coordination role
- Interest in NGO environment
- Attention to detail and timelines
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and following up on multiple activities
- Strong experience in using Excel
- Competent written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently, be delivery-oriented and work to tight deadlines
- Diploma/certificate in administration, data quality assurance, or related field would be a bonus
To apply, submit CV to [email protected] with the Subject line: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Application
Application Deadline: 14th August, 2018.