Inclusive Education South Africa (IESA) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes and supports inclusive education practices in schools and preschools throughout the country. The organisation’s core focus is the implementation of funded projects designed to sensitise and empower all role players to an inclusive approach to educating the children in their community.
Job Title: School Advancement Manager for the Kleinzee Centre for Learning and Development
Job Location: Kleinzee, Northern Cape
The Kleinzee Centre for Learning and Development (KCLD) is a public, ordinary, full-service school in rural Namaqualand on the west coast of the Northern-Cape. KCLD caters for mainstream primary school learners and technical occupational high school learners. KCLD offers quality education, learner support, small classes and dedicated teachers.
Salary: R30 000 per month
Report to: The Principal
This is a year-on-year contract position.
The purpose of the Advancement Manager is to promote the image and brand of the school, secure a diversified source of funding (both locally and internationally), investigate, negotiate and implement entrepreneurial opportunities and networking with a wide range of stakeholders for the purpose of establishing a base of support to ensure the sustainability of the school.
- Develop fund-raising and long-term partnerships with a range of stakeholders including the alumni, donors and business partners
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to trusts, corporates and other potential funders both locally and internationally
- Develop a fundraising strategy, together with the School Management Team (SMT) and School Governing Body (SGB) and roll out its implementation
- Investigate and manage entrepreneurial income generating activities and link these to the School of Skills (SOS) skills development programme
- Drive the implementation of the advancement strategy to ensure the sustainability of KCLD
- Manage own budget and ensuring targets are met
- Donor relationship management: ensuring major donors are happy with their investment and are kept informed of progress and impact regularly
- Write funder progress reports
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns and events
- Set up and maintain fundraising database
- Maintain calendar of funding application and reporting deadlines
- Assist with fundraising events as necessary
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- All administrative and logistical aspects of the role to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the role
- Secure funding for KCLD according to set fundraising
- As senior member of non-teaching staff, manage the fundraising, entrepreneurial, communications and advancement activities in the school
- A strong track record in fundraising for NPOs in South Africa is essential
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Development Studies or similar
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a senior fundraising role
- Proven ability to successfully manage donor relationships
- Passion for inclusive education – creating equal learning opportunities for all children
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Own transport essential
To apply, please submit a CV only to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17th July, 2018