Inclusive Education South Africa (IESA) is a nonprofit organisation that promotes and supports inclusive education practices in schools and preschools throughout the country. The organisation’s core focus is the implementation of funded projects designed to sensitise and empower all role players to an inclusive approach to educating the children in their community.
This is an initial 12-month contract with possibilities of extension based on performance.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for building the capacity of IESA in monitoring and evaluation through the development, implementation and management of our Monitoring and Evaluation strategy and systems.
- Assess IESA’s Monitoring and Evaluation requirements
- Further develop and implement qualitative Monitoring and Evaluation project frameworks
- Design additional data management, collection and reporting systems, and monitor the progress thereof
- Develop a project database to capture all data required for Monitoring and Evaluation purposes
- Facilitate training to capacitate IESA staff to implement Monitoring and Evaluation strategy and analyse project activities
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation function to ensure that project activities, systems and reports are being implemented effectively and are correctly aligned to meet grant agreement indicators
- Assist with data collection and analysis and preparation of reports
- Record key learnings throughout projects
- Present analytical progress and evaluation reports throughout project cycles
- Ensure compliance with all funder reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain effective collaborations with external partners
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation/Research, Development Studies, Economics
- Minimum five years of experience in the development, analysis and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation systems within the NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience in building staff Monitoring and Evaluation capacity, including training and mentoring skills
- Experience in knowledge management, ability to analyse, document and disseminate information
- Understanding of the South African education system
- Organisational and technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel, valid drivers’ license and own vehicle
To apply, submit a CV (only) and a payslip or details of current salary to operat[email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 10th June, 2018