Posted on :
7 Apr, 2014
7 Apr, 2014
To support line management through the delivery of a professional HR management service to a portfolio of business Units through the establishment and maintanance of a dynamic business partnership. This includes minimising HR risk through ensuring appropriate systems, communication and controls are in place.
• Facilitation of disciplinary hearings, grievances, and appeal hearings;
• Support and ongoing advice to line management on ER related matters
• Implementation of related processes, policies and guidelines that not only meet legal obligations but to ensure a leading position as an attractive and competitive Employer of Choice
• Facilitate training and communicate ER related process policies and guidelines to line managers
• Advise on ER issues in line with SA law and regulations, company policy and precedents set, taking account of relevant business objectives/imperatives and industry best practice, in order to minimise legal risks
• Manage and provide timely advice/solutions for non-compliance issues
• Continually monitor effectiveness and compliance with guidelines
• Reduce CCMA and Labour Court referrals and internal disciplinary hearings to the lowest levels within the business by providing sound advice to both line management and staff;
• Create high level and open communication channels regarding ER issues;
• Conduct all processes in a manner that upholds integrity and all other good governance principles
• Ensure that ER solutions provided fall within the legislative framework and are best Practices that enable the creation and sustainability of a highly motivating and harmonious working environment.
• Analyze data to identify current and emerging trends in the industry to facilitate strategic ER decisions ???
• Advise & Guide Line Managers & Employees on consistent application of the Disciplinary & Grievance Processes
Human capital movement management (Recruitment, Selection and onboarding of candidates & Exit)
? Manage human resource planning (Head count)
? Assessing employees’ levels of Competence against the relevant profiles/frameworks
? Compilation of competency based questionnaires to be used in the interview
? Implementation of Retention Strategies as approved
? Facilitation of the interviews and taking an active role in the overall selection of the candidates
? Ensuring appointed candidates are settled with regard to HR related staff i.e. getting the necessary information to make informed decisions on things like funds to belong to, medical aid options etc.
? Employee induction and orientation
? Manages and implements recruitment and selection processes in line with strategy for the area in such a way that efficiencies are achieved and that the area is optimally resourced, through:
– Supporting line management in the selection of staff, ensuring recruits are appropriately profiled for the advertised position
– Identify key posts, ensuring that these are suitably resourced to promote the business’ objectives
– Respond proactively to changing resourcing needs, exploring opportunities which promote company image
– Ensures internal controls are complied with to minimise recruitment risk
? Monitors wastage and recruitment trends at portfolio level and where necessary implements corrective action in conjunction with line.
? Interprets and implements Divisional manpower plans with a view to operationalising business initiatives effectively.
? Facilitates succession planning, particularly influencing decision around key posts and earmarked successors, and thus ensuring logical and managed career progression, designed to meet future resourcing requirements.
? Ensure compliance to set Employment Equity targets (i.e. through Recrutiment etc)
? Provides support to line management in dealing with staff exits so that the costs associated with these are minimised
? Conducts exit interviews and produces a quarterly report on trends
Performance and talent Management
? Facilitate the implementation of Performance Management Process in the respective Business Units;
? Ensure compliance on Integrated Performance Framework (IPF) as per the agreed policies and timelines;
? Clarification of roles and responsibilities for both line managers and employees regarding the IPF;
? Address resulting gaps identified by implementing appropriate Learning & Development Interventions;
? Facilitating the action plans being put to place regarding perfomance improvement for under performers as identified by line management;
? Actively Monitor Succession Planning and Ensure the Development of Key Talent;
? In close association with Learning and Development staff, perform skills audit and facilitate implementation of the action plans thereof.
? Guide and facilitate career path process together line and individual employees
Organisational Design/Wellness /Learning and Development
? Participate in the co-design of organisation structures
? Have an understanding of how to develop and level Job Profiles in accordance to MTN Methodology
? Coordinate all OD, ER , culture alignment and Learning & Development interventions and any other approved interventions
? Ensure fair and equitable pay structures within the BU
? Management of BU organisational structures and manpower balancing
? Facilitation of feedback sessions (focus groups) regarding surveys and other any other Organisational Development intervention, feedback and proposed way forward;
Data Integrity Accountability
• Generation of all required reports
• Maintain the integrity of files so that all information is present and correct
• HR Master Data,
• Management Information/Reporting
Human Resources policies and procedures
? Communicate and educate the Business units on all HR policies, procedures and processes
? Provide advice and ensure compliance on HR policies, procedures and processes i.e. Employee Relations, Recruitment, etc.
? Participate in the sourcing of external Service Providers (i.e. Recruitment agencies etc).
? Establishes a business partnership through advising and supporting the line on matters, which have an influence on the HR component of the business.
? Undertakes and participates in interventions (e.g. workshops) to transfer HR knowledge to the line, so that managers are suitably equipped to maximise HR capacity in their areas of responsibility.
? To promote and ensure fair employee practices and people culture development
? To facilitate and promote a positive climate of mutual trust and respect
• Support line management on remuneration issues related to the day-to-day management of staff, as well as other more specific initiatives such as ‘key staff’;
• Manages remuneration costs in relation to the contribution to business objectives ( includes being up to date with the latest information through published salary surveys and other related sources) ;
• Through payroll processing area, ensures an efficient payroll service to line ;
• Monitors overtime trends and if necessary implements corrective action .
• Degree or Diploma in HR/Industrial Psychology
? 2-3 years experience as an HR generalist plus HR Administration.
? Experience in the ICT sector advantageous.
• Solid knowledge of HR policies, processes & procedures
Culture & change management
System & process implementation
Development of strategy
Business process understanding
Planning, organizing & control
Development of HR policy
Knowledge of HR systems & metrics
Reference No: HRBP
Position Type: Contract – Limited
Affirmative Action: Open to All
Additional: • Labour Legislation (BCEA, EEA, LRA, COIDA, SD Act) etc competence
• Business Culture and Practices
• Employee retention
• Employee relations
• Perfomance improvement and appraisal
• Staff mobility administration
• Exit Management
• Learning and self management
• Manpower /workforce planning
• Computer skills and literacy.
• Adherence to the MTN Values, ethics and resilience behaviors and team player
• Assertive – being tough when necessary without fear or favour
• Courage and conviction – challenging the status quo and breaking down silo barriers to performance, and overcoming resistance to change
• Results orientated and resilience
• Proactivity / initiative – to introduce ongoing changes to maximise productivity and influence the future
• Focused and priority driven – staying focused amidst the multiple demands and expectations
• Customer centricity, sense of urgency
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly driven and motivated individual, with strong personal presence, integrity and resilience
• Decisive and action-oriented
• Diplomacy and tact
How to Apply
Applications close 08 Apr 2014.