NACOSA is a network of over 1,800 civil society organisations working together to turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB in Southern Africa. NACOSA promotes dialogue, builds capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channels resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly among children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
Job Title: Site Coordinators
Location: Eastern Cape and Kwazulu-Natal region.
The purpose of the Site Coordinator position is to support the day-to-day operations of the various community development initiatives to be based in the Eastern Cape or KwaZulu-Natal regions and support a 3 year-grant.
The Site Coordinator reports to the Provincial Manager.
- Provide operational assistance to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of a 3 year grant in the focus areas in the province
- Coordinate and supervise the day-to-day activities of the site to ensure delivery on key performance areas
- Planning and coordinating resources, materials, transport etc. to ensure resources are available where needed
- Identify relevant project opportunities related to HIV/AIDS programming relevant to HIV/AIDS
- Administrative assistance such as collecting time sheets, contracts, record keeping as may be required from time to time
- Review progress of initiatives on implementation level in order to report on developments and provide advice on potential areas for improvements
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to budget financial accountability of site operations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with strategic partners
- Travel in rural settings regularly and overnight away from home
- A degree in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline
- Good computer and reporting skills
- At least 5 years’ experience at supervisory or management level of a project, site or team in the NGO sector
- Practical experience working in the HIV/AIDS field within the NGO sector
- Read, write, and speak in two official South African languages, of which one must be English.
- In procession of a valid driver’s license.
Required skills and experience
- Leadership skills couple with ability to maintain good interpersonal relations
- Ability to drive, implement and demonstrated ability to manage a project
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to the goals of the project and willing to go the extra mile to ensure success
- Demonstrate sensitivity, respect, honesty and fairness in interactions
- Willingness to travel
Please visit the link to our job board at https://nacosa.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ to view all our vacancies.
Application Deadline: Saturday, 31 August, 2019