The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists campaigning to advance the free flow of information in South Africa. R2K is best known for leading the civil society campaign on the Secrecy Bill, but its work has expanded to tackle broader issues relating to access to information, freedom of expression, and the free flow of information.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Job Location: Salt River, Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to oversee the day-to-day operations and financial management of the organization to support efficient and effective campaigning efforts and ensure R2K continues to grow as a vibrant democratic Campaign.
- Work with R2K staff and leaders to maintain effective participatory decision-making processes characterised by transparency and accountability
- Review and develop R2K’s operational policies and procedures, and support implementation
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation’s operations
- Oversee the development of budgets and financial reports, and monitor spending
- Prepare funding proposals and reports
- Review and maintain Human Resource systems
- Review and maintain R2K’s information management system to ensure the Campaign’s work and contacts are well documented and readily available for use
- Ensure campaign resources are available to staff and activists to full their mandate
- Manage the National Administrator and support Provincial Administrators and Coordinators
- Procurement and office management;
- Ensure R2K complies with various statutory obligations
- Minimum of three years proven experience in a comparable position in the nonprofit field
- Experience working in democratic activist’s spaces and commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign
- In-depth knowledge of nonprofit governance and general management best practice
- Strong understanding of financial management and auditing the ability to work with Pastel Accounting and Payroll will be an advantage
- Experience in developing and evaluating strategic and operational plans
- Understand performance management principles and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteer activists in flexible team environments
- Written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management
- Strong computer skills essential (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet)
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A driver’s licence would be an advantage
To apply, upload a CV with contactable references and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/lw4X0gLR7remui6u1
The Right2Know is offering the opportunity to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa from within a dynamic environment and supportive team.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 19 August, 2018