The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (The Academy) is a residential boarding school with just over 300 students enrolled in Grades 8 -12. Grade 12 students write the Independent Examination Board (I.E.B.) NSC Examination.
Job Title: Head of Operations
Job Location: Henley-On-Klip, Gauteng, South AfricaDuration: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
- The Academy is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Functions Client Services,Communications,Facilities & Property Manager,Health & Safety,Management,Operations,Safety & Security,Senior Management
Industries Events Management,Facilities & Property Management,Safety, Security & Defence
The purpose of the job is :
- To ensure that the Academy operations and services are aligned to the overall strategy in terms of resources, people and processes;
- To provide leadership, planning and control, resources and logistics for all Academy operations and services;
- To direct the co-ordination, development, acquisition, implementation and support of all operations and services for all the Academy stakeholders;
- To direct and lead all operations to facilitate the maximisation of resources to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction, productivity, risk management, economic goals and adherence to relevant Academy policies and procedures;
- Provide strategic direction to direct subordinates and teams.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop a well thought operations strategy which supports the productivity and effectiveness of the operations team in support of the OWLAG Board of Directors, EXCO and the Academy to advance the mission of the Academy;
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of Academy operations;
- Contribute to address future operational needs and strategies as an integral component of the institutional planning process;
- Initiate and oversee the development and periodic review of policies and procedures and ensure legislative and organizational compliance and alignment with strategy and ensure implementation and adherence;
- Source new suppliers and review contracts and the performance of existing contractors in line with the Academy’s procurement policy.
- Negotiate with suppliers on prices and specification;
- Ensure contracts are up-to date for all suppliers;
- Compile annual budgets and quarterly forecasts together with the Finance Manager.
- Continually scrutinise expenditure with a view of waste elimination and realisation of savings;
- Lead and manage the operations team and its performance thereof;
- Identify and report all issues related to risks within the Academy and adhere to all safety regulations.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Knowledge in developing and executing management information systems;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Commitment to making services efficient and effective;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to motivating and developing staff and team building;
- Experience in managing budgets;
- Demonstrated skill in reviewing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in multitasking and managing priorities;
- Ability to synthesise complex and diverse information;
- Analytical and statistical skills;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyse information skilfully;
- Excellent communication skills including presentations and proposals;
- Attention to quality, accuracy and thoroughness;
- Innovator, initiator, exhibits enthusiasm, determined, hardworking;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Strategic leadership;
- Relationship and stakeholder management.
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably in Information Technology/ Knowledge Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field;
- A postgraduate degree will serve as an added advantage;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role;
- Proven people management experience;
- Practical experience comprising of the overall management of the operations including security, transport, IT, catering and facilities;
- Experience in project management;
- Procurement and contract management experience;
- Budgeting and financial forecast management skills.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th March 2019