THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of M&E Advisor for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: eThekwini / uMgungundlovu
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: TBA
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The M&E Advisor will provide technical expertise to the Program Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes. Specifically, health related strategic information for activities related to bolstering the ability of health providers and institutions and community groups to monitor, document and analyse the performance of health services as a basis for accountability, advocacy and policy activities and safeguarding standards and quality of care.
- S/he also provides technical guidance and support to sub-awards, if any, in the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness TB interventions.
- The M&E Advisor is expected to spend extensive time in the field working closely with project staff, health providers, community groups and other stakeholders to provide technical assistance and monitor and evaluate the project.
- S/he will have primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining systems to measure, compile, analyse and report activity data at all levels and across levels, ensuring that all activity interventions are designed with M&E plans and activities comparing performance.
- Provide regular activity reports to USAID and for developing special reports as needed; producing analysis of program data, identifying methods and together with the relevant Team Leader, to use results and provide recommendations for program improvement; and building district and facility staff capacity to gather and analyse data for program improvement at all levels.
- S/he will review and adapt tools and create standardized tools and indicators to measure health facility and community-based interventions that capture relevant outcomes.
- In order to guide TB program implementation at the institution, facility and community levels. S/he must have the following qualifications, skills, and expertise:
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- An additional qualification in M&E is a minimum requirement
- PhD will be an advantage
- Demonstrated a minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in the monitoring & Evaluation of public health programs in South Africa, preferably Tuberculosis.
- At least five (5) years of experience of working in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health. Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
- A valid Code B Driver’s License and own transport
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Nqobile Msweli – [email protected].
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 November, 2020