The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
Job Title: Provincial Manager [2 Positions]
Job Location: Based in Khayelitsha and Gauteng
Purpose of the Job:
- The Provincial Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of all provincial work. This includes oversight of the District Organisers, liaison with the Provincial Trainers and monitoring information to and from the National Office.
- The PM is the ‘cogs’ in TAC’s wheel, ensuring that direction from management is received in a timely and efficient manner at branch level, and that information/issues from the branches is communicated to the Provincial Office Bearers / Provincial Council, National Management, NOBs, National Council, Board, partners and donors. This role oversees and enables TAC’s resources (members and funds) in the districts to be used effectively to bring about progress through building strengthened and more sustainable membership in order to influence communities and external stakeholders, including government.
- Overall strategic leadership and management to all TAC’s work across the province.
- Develop strategic and work plans for the province.
- Ensure that the strategic and work plans are aligned to national priorities
- Engage and represent the organisation in different accountability structures platforms like provincial government, community structures, civil society etc.
- Engage with potential and existing donors if necessary.
- Staff Management – manage provincial staff according to authorised organisational policies and procedures.
- Financial Management – to ensure that financial procedures are followed by provincial staff, the budget is spent effectively in line with planned activities.
- Develop a provincial budget and ensure that the budget is allocated across all projects.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of TAC projects.
- A matric certificate
- A National Diploma/Degree in project management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in middle management in a non-profit organisation
- A valid driver’s licence, own car is a requirement
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the region
- Experience in an NGO and preferably a membership-based organisation
- Ability to network, develop, and manage relationships across organisations and government stakeholders
- Experience in advocacy work would be advantageous
- Strong financial management experience in ensuring projects are delivered within set budget lines
- Demonstrated leadership with strong organisational, personnel management skills with an ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict, skilled negotiator and willingness to discuss behavioural issues
- Experience in managing a team and the ability to be assertive when required
- Ability to communicate effectively with different organisational structures
- Strong writing, research, communications, and analytical skills
The closing date for applications is the 20 August 2018.
To apply, submit your cover letter, detailed CV, copy of a valid driver’s license, matric certificate, qualifications and 3 contactable references by e-mail to [email protected].
To know more about TAC, refer to our website: http://www.tac.org.za.
Treatment Action Campaign is guided by principles of employment equity; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.