The Youth Development Institute of South Africa (YDISA) is a Johannesburg-based organisation that undertakes youth development research, knowledge dissemination and advocacy to inform and shape policy, programmes and related initiatives aimed at amplifying the full participation of the youth in all sectors of society.
Job Title: Office Administration Intern
Job Location: Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of this opportunity is to equip graduates with experiential learning.
- Liaise with various suppliers
- Follow up on orders and invoices
- Assist in organising committee and board meetings
- Compile documents and assist in preparing meeting packs
- Organise delivery of meeting packs to committee and board members
- Assist with enquiries on expenses incurred
- Assist with various information requests received via email or telephone
- Office administration tasks as required
- Bachelors degree in administration, management, commerce, social sciences, humanities or other relevant degree applicable to the internship opportunity
- South African citizen or Permanent Resident of South Africa
- Strong work ethic, accountability, reliability and the ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Record keeping and organisational skills
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office
- Basic quantitative skills
To apply, submit a one-page letter of motivation, a two-page CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YDISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 14th December, 2018