Posted on :
7 Mar, 2022
7 Mar, 2022
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA is committed to attracting, developing and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment. If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you. The following opportunity exists in the Head Office situated in Pretoria, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications.
Job Title: Re-Advertisement: Chief Financial Officer (Five –Year Fixed Term Performance-Based Contract)
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: #SANSACFO
Contract Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CFO is responsible for setting, driving and monitoring the
achievement of the SANSA financial strategy. They will direct all the financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for the organisation and making decisions based on the organisation’s financial stability. The CFO’s accountabilities include tracking cash flow and financial planning as well as analysing the organisation’s financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions. The CFO provides strategic financial leadership and manages the financial health and governance of the organisation through the adoption of appropriate accounting standards; development of appropriate accounting policies and diligent management of financial data and procedures for the maintenance of the SANSA’s fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports.
Key areas of responsibility will include but not limited to:
• Developing and implement the SANSA financial strategy and approach as aligned to the overall SANSA strategic plan
• Directing and overseeing all aspects of the finance functions (accounting, tax, capital management etc.) ensuring healthy financial management
• Taking full responsibility for the Supply Chain Management functions, i.e., demand management, acquisition management, and disposal management
• Assuming overall accountability for managing all financially related governance compliance activities and ensure that the company complies with all legal requirements
• Building and maintaining effective relationships in order to support and promote the organisation across the Public and Private sector.
The ideal candidate will have :
• A BCompt or equivalent qualification / Chartered Accountant or similar accredited certification
• Practical GRAP / IFRS reporting experience
• MBA will be an added advantage
• Understanding of Public Finance Management Act and National Treasury Regulations will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 10 years + experience in an executive management / CFO position with complete responsibility for the financial function.
Additional skills and competencies required:
• A sound track record in financial management at senior management level
• Ability to implement internal systems and controls to ensure sound financial management
• Ability to communicate effectively with directors and senior managers
• Budgeting and planning skills
• Skill in analysing and evaluating financial information
• Excellent networking and relationship building skills, both internally and external to SANSA
• Ability to establish relationships within the banking, legal and business community
• Ability to write financial reports and produce supporting documentation.
Application Deadline: 16/03/2022
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualifications, and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing may form part of the selection process. By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent that SANSA can collect, process and share their Personal Information (PI) for verification, assessments and employment purposes only.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity Act. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SANSA and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Preference will be given to African males and African females for this role.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, regard your application were unsuccessful. SANSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.