The Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for Sanlam’s retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions. These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services.
Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
As Wealthsmiths™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment
that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity.
This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Succession is offering young graduates an opportunity to enter the Financial Services Industry to be trained as Compliance Administrators. We are looking for fresh talent and therefore a Graduate Internship for a Compliance Administrator is available for unemployed graduates seeking experience from established individuals in the Financial Services industry for a period of 12 months (01/02/2018 – 31/01/2019).
This role will typically form part of the SFP and AFP’s office structure and be tasked to promote, monitor, coach/train and drive the adherence of compliance and risk management within the units through fully understanding the content and impact of all relevant legisltation and requirements for the Financial Service industry.
The Graduate Internship program is just one of the ways that Sanlam contributes to the development of talent in South Africa
- Undertake to fully understand the content and impacts of all relevant Compliance related legisltation and requirements for the Financial Services industry. Be able to translate and intepret these practically and correctly to the planners and management.
- Liaise on an ongoing basis with Group Compliance as well policy, process changes or initiatives/actions that need to be implemented within the unit/region.
- Ensure that all compliance practices and procedures within the unit is strictly observed in terms of disclosures, advice given, records kept, and ethics/behaviour undertaken when dealing with clients and undertaking sales.
- Undertake ongoing pro-active monitoring of practices and cases submitted by planners. Draw such cases on a weekly basis from the system annd interrogate them against requirements and standards. take up areas of risk or anomalies with FA’s and management immediately and ensure corrective actions are followed.
- Track, interpret and communicate trends or gaps in terms of risks within the unit (SFP/AFP).
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Head Office Compliance Department who undertake similar random sampling for assessment to lift problem areas and highlight trends.
- Keep records of all risk and problem areas for both individuals and the unit in general. report these back to management regularly for awareness and action.
- Take overall accountability for the compliance complaint register and resolution process. ensure all complaints are logged, investigated properly and resolved accordinf to due process. Undertake to do the necessary report and record keeping thereof.
- Working closely with line management and the planners, ensure that all advice facing intermediaries and management are fit and proper FAIS accredited and keep the requirements and credits up to date at all times.
- Complaint and advice policy and implantation guidance.
- Coordinating between policy, electronic and other tools to ensure correct and appropriate application.
Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
LLB; BCom Law/Financial Planning Degree
Candidates should be unemployed, with no or very limited previous work experience
Fluent in English
Afrikaans would be an added advantage
- Technical Knowledge
- Analytical thinking
- Decision making
- Work standards
- Business Acumen
- Continuous learning
- Results driven
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Treating customers fairly
Your application will be seen as incomplete if the following documentation is not submitted online:
- Certified colour copy of your ID
- Certified matric certificate
- Certified relevant degree/diploma
- Promoting excellence and commitment towards Employment Equity